The following legal information applies to the creator and developer of the IGOTO Application:
Rue Auguste Snieders 23
B 1030 Schaerbeek
Tel: + 32 2 240 26 60
VAT number: BE0460.320.032
Application: means the computer program IGOTO published by ARTEPUB, downloadable for free, developed to be installed on mobile devices (Smartphones) and executable from a mobile device operating system.
Services: means all services offered by the Application.
User: means any individual who has downloaded the Application for his/her own needs, for personal, non-commercial use.
Organizer: means the person or legal entity benefiting from ARTEPUB services and/or its IGOTO Application in the context of the promotion of a cultural event.
Third-Party Partner: means any person or legal entity, who is not the Organizer, with which ARTEPUB is collaborating to offer content on the Application.
3. Purpose of the Application
ARTEPUB is an agency specializing in the advertising promotion of cultural events and activities in Belgium. ARTEPUB thus provides different advertising spaces on material or digital media (posters, banners, flyers etc.).
IGOTO is an Application for the provision of online information about cultural events and activities in Belgium.
The functionality of the Application is as follows:
· scanning of ARTEPUB media: the User can take a photograph of different advertising media published by ARTEPUB that attracts his/her attention, in order to receive details of the event instantaneously via the Application;
· receipt of notifications and cultural news;
· receipt of promotional offers and contests;
· consultation of a cultural events calendar, through a partnership with Visit.brussels;
· listings of nearby cultural events according to the geolocalisation of the User.
Thanks to the media scanning functionality, the user gets instant access to information additional to the information available on the advertising media displayed in public places. The Application thus makes it possible notably to reserve products and/or services via a hyperlink leading to the reservation page of the Organizer’s website.
Users wishing to participate in contests offered by the Organizer via the Application, will refer to the Contest rules at the following address: www.IGOTO.be.
The User expressly accepts the Contest rules as well as the specific rules of the contest relating thereto which cannot be separated before any participation in the said contest.
4. Access to the IGOTO Application
In the context of a non-commercial private use, access to the Services of the Application is freely available, free of charge and runs on iOs and Android.
4.1 Registration terms and conditions
To register, the User must:
· have reached the legal majority age;
· and/or have the capacity to conclude a contract within the meaning of the law
· and/or, if a minor, have obtained parental permission
4.2 Registration procedure
In order to benefit from the Services of the Application, the User must first register:
· either via their Facebook profile
· or by completing a contact form.
To start, the User must provide his/her family name, first name, date of birth and email address. He/she is free to provide a postal address.
To create an account on the Application, the User must provide a username, consisting of a correct email address that he owns, and a personal password. The User is solely responsible for any use that may be made of his/her login, username (email address …) and passwords, and is the only the guarantor of their confidentiality.
Registration will only be made upon receipt by the User of a confirmation email sent to the address indicated by the latter enabling validation of the User’s profile.
ARTEPUB reserves the right to request additional information and identification data at any time and any supporting documents it deems useful.
The User guarantees to ARTEPUB that he/she has provided true, accurate and up-to-date information.
The User remains free to unsubscribe at any time.
5. User declarations and obligations
By downloading the Application, the User declares to be informed about, and accepts:
· access by the Application to the mobile device camera;
· access to location data, cookies and device identifiers
· display of advertising and or services on their mobile device by advertisers or other partners by exploiting cookies or similar technologies;
· if he/she has explicitly provided consent by ticking the relevant boxes (opt in), he/she accepts the use of his/her email address by ARTEPUB to send newsletters, and the communication of personal data (family name, first name, date of birth, cultural interests and email address, notably) to Organizers and Third-Party Partners of ARTEPUB;
· if he/she has explicitly requested it by ticking the relevant boxes (opt in), reception of notifications related to his/her cultural interests.
The User expressly undertakes to:
· download the Application on his/her device exclusively for personal and non-commercial use;
· not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, share or reproduce, either in a permanent or temporary form, all or any part of the Application, by any means and in any form;
· not make use of the Application for illegal purposes or purposes that would be prejudicial to the rights of ARTEPUB or third parties;
· inform ARTEPUB immediately of any violation (such as account hacking, virus, …) and in particular of any illicit or non-contractual use of information, regardless of the method used.
Any commercial use of the Application must be done by means of a specific license to be agreed with ARTEPUB. No commercial use may be made without written and formal authorization.
6. Protection of personal data
6.1 General information
Information communicated directly or indirectly by the User, necessary for the operation of the Application, may be stored but is intended for internal use by ARTEPUB in application of Article 5 and subject to Article 6.2.
ARTEPUB guarantees the respect of the User’s personal data and strictly complies with the Belgian Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data and its Royal Decree of 13 February 2001 enforcing the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy.
Pursuant to the Privacy Act and the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, each participant has the right to access, rectify or delete data concerning him/her, to withdraw his/her consent to its processing at any time and to oppose its processing.
For any question relating to the storage of the communicated data, the User may reach ARTEPUB at the following address:
23 rue Auguste Snieders
B 1030 Schaerbeek
Tel: +32 2 240 26 60
or via the following email address:
6.2 Uses of personal data
On registration, the User expresses clearly and unambiguously his/her consent to the use of his/her data by ARTEPUB by checking the box “I agree to the use of my data by ARTEPUB”. The User may withdraw consent at any time.
The User’s personal data is handled within the framework of the contractual relationship with ARTEPUB.
The User has the right to oppose the receipt of advertisements in accordance with the law of 11 March 2003 on certain services in the information society and its Royal Decree of 4 April 2003 regulating distribution of advertisements by email:
· by deciding not to click on consent to this type of request (according to the “opt in” regulations) during registration;
· by means of a written request at any time;
· by using the “unsubscribe” option in the email received.
Unless otherwise objected to by the User, his/her contact details may be communicated to the Organizers and Third-Party Partners contractually linked to ARTEPUB for marketing purposes in connection with their area of interest.
7. Intellectual property
All the elements of the Application relating to its content and structure are protected by copyright, trademarks, designs and models and more generally by the intellectual property as well as by the special provisions of the Belgian code of economic law relating to databases. In particular, ARTEPUB has registered the concept of the Application via the i-DEPOT service of the OBPI.
All intellectual rights related to the Application are the exclusive property of ARTEPUB, except for the elements provided by the Organizers and/or Third-Party Partners.
ARTEPUB grants to the User a free, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Application. This license is limited to non-commercial use by the User of the Application.
The User undertakes not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, share or reproduce permanently or temporarily, either in a permanent or temporary form, all or any part of the Application in general, its technical and aesthetic components and contents (agenda, posters, …), by any means and in any form.
The User expressly undertakes to ensure that his use of the Application does not in any way infringe the rights of ARTEPUB or of the Organizer and in particular that such use does not constitute counterfeit or unfair competition.
8. Limitation of liability
8.1 Links to third-party sites or addresses
The Application gives access to external websites as well as specific accounts on different social networks (Facebook page, Instagram account, etc.), operated by the Organizers and/or Third-Party Partners of ARTEPUB, by hyperlinks or by integrating the contents of partners (poster scans and information on the organizer’s or third-party websites).
ARTEPUB has no control over these websites or accounts on social networks or over information from Organizers and/or Third-Party Partners. ARTEPUB assumes no responsibility for their content. ARTEPUB cannot be held responsible for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material coming from or available on these sites and social networks via the Application. Only the Organizer and/or Third-Party Partners are responsible for these sites, these accounts present on the social networks and their contents.
Furthermore, ARTEPUB cannot be held liable for any damages or losses proven or alleged consecutive to or in connection with the use of the Application referring to goods or services available on these external sources.
ARTEPUB is not liable in the event of cancellation of an event listed in the Application. Similarly, it is not responsible for requests for reimbursement of sales in the event of cancellation, reprogramming or any other unforeseen event related to a cultural event, not being an Organizer but a simple broadcaster. These requests must be addressed to the Organizer and/or Third-Party Partners directly, which guarantees ARTEPUB for this type of complaint.
ARTEPUB is not responsible for cancellation of a contest listed in the Application and which the User has participated in or wished to participate in. Similarly, in the context of a contest listed in the Application, ARTEPUB shall not be liable in the event of cancellation or modification of the date of the contest or in the event of loss, destruction, defective prizes or more generally any event that can prevent or limit the distribution of the prize(s) related to the contest.
Except in the case of gross negligence or intentional misconduct, ARTEPUB is not liable for any direct or indirect damage caused to the User and/or the Organizer due to the use of the Application for any reason whatsoever.
ARTEPUB is not liable, or considered to have failed under this contract, in the event of delay or non-performance, when the cause is due to force majeure or is due to the Organizer’s intervention and/or a third party.
10. Applicable law and courts
In the event of any dispute arising, the Parties shall endeavour to reach agreement to find an amicable solution.